saquibmehmood5

Saquib Mehmood's Blog

I am the least likely person to write a few words about myself, not because I am overly secretive about my great life, but because I am simply lazy. It's an effort to think up good things to write about oneself so I will instead stick with the truth. I believe in evolution not creation, I believe in reason not in the mindless ramblings of some unknown god, I think love trumps reason, I believe that humanity has come far beyond all that was good and beautiful in this world and what is left behind is the foul stench of accumulated sweat formed by a thousand millennia of wasted effort, I believe 'hope' and 'goodness' are words used by aliens probably while having forbidden sex on their far off planets, I think "love" is a dark ritual performed by some lost tribe in Amazon and people will do everything in their power to prevent it from infiltrating into the heart of their rotten civilization, I think people will kill you for thinking differently, I believe that eccentrics are the best hope for humanity and arrogance is the only way of dealing with fools, I believe that when the time comes calling one should stand up and fight and fall and stand up and fight again till there is nothing left, I believe that one should not be scared of death and calamity and adversity as they seek the one who is afraid, I believe that 'prudence' is a refuge of sycophants who are afraid of the consequences of honesty, and yes I dream that one day I will take off on a space ship to some far off galaxy and will never turn back...

Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
Rumi, Coleman Barks (Translator), With A. J. Arberry, With Nevit Ergin
The Eleventh Commandment - Jeffrey Archer Have you ever heard of a "rock bottom of literature"? That dark and terrible abyss where all the humanity's miseries are hidden. Well, despair no more because I have found it. And what do I find at the bottom of this deep, dark dungeon sparkling through a heap of other dark materials? Yes, you guessed correctly! It was Jeffrey Archer's "The Eleventh Commandment". Why did I ever try to reconstruct the heady days of my innocent childhood by opening an "Archer"! God only knows. Mysterious and unfathomable are his ways. I have learnt only one thing from this soul shattering experience: Jeffrey Archer is a bore. And NO, my friends, DO NOT GO NEAR THIS BOOK, it will be the end of your reading career.