saquibmehmood5

Saquib Mehmood's Blog

I am the least likely person to write a few words about myself, not because I am overly secretive about my great life, but because I am simply lazy. It's an effort to think up good things to write about oneself so I will instead stick with the truth. I believe in evolution not creation, I believe in reason not in the mindless ramblings of some unknown god, I think love trumps reason, I believe that humanity has come far beyond all that was good and beautiful in this world and what is left behind is the foul stench of accumulated sweat formed by a thousand millennia of wasted effort, I believe 'hope' and 'goodness' are words used by aliens probably while having forbidden sex on their far off planets, I think "love" is a dark ritual performed by some lost tribe in Amazon and people will do everything in their power to prevent it from infiltrating into the heart of their rotten civilization, I think people will kill you for thinking differently, I believe that eccentrics are the best hope for humanity and arrogance is the only way of dealing with fools, I believe that when the time comes calling one should stand up and fight and fall and stand up and fight again till there is nothing left, I believe that one should not be scared of death and calamity and adversity as they seek the one who is afraid, I believe that 'prudence' is a refuge of sycophants who are afraid of the consequences of honesty, and yes I dream that one day I will take off on a space ship to some far off galaxy and will never turn back...

Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
Rumi, Coleman Barks (Translator), With A. J. Arberry, With Nevit Ergin
The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho Full of un-quotable bad quotes and philosophy for dummies, consider this:
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
Really? my experience is the exact opposite of this!

or another gem:
" “I don’t live in either my past or my future. I'm interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.”
I see!
Only someone who is seriously delusional can subscribe to this kind of thinking.

and what is this supposed to mean?
"True love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny”

Huh?
what kind of a moron pursues his destiny when true love is staring him in the face?

Now this is quite irritating because I don't really like to be told by "my authors" and "my philosophers" what to think and what to do. I like to make up my own mind.
If at all I am so desperate for advice about my affairs, I will turn to Dr Tatiana's Sex Column not to Paulo Coelho.

This is like a children's book for some very dim-witted children!

Many great writers have tried the parable style, but none of them has come up with something as ordinary as this.
My recommendation: read "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck or "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway if you like some classy writing and are really interested in this format. Both these writers let the readers draw their own conclusions instead of imposing their philosophies.