saquibmehmood5

Saquib Mehmood's Blog

I am the least likely person to write a few words about myself, not because I am overly secretive about my great life, but because I am simply lazy. It's an effort to think up good things to write about oneself so I will instead stick with the truth. I believe in evolution not creation, I believe in reason not in the mindless ramblings of some unknown god, I think love trumps reason, I believe that humanity has come far beyond all that was good and beautiful in this world and what is left behind is the foul stench of accumulated sweat formed by a thousand millennia of wasted effort, I believe 'hope' and 'goodness' are words used by aliens probably while having forbidden sex on their far off planets, I think "love" is a dark ritual performed by some lost tribe in Amazon and people will do everything in their power to prevent it from infiltrating into the heart of their rotten civilization, I think people will kill you for thinking differently, I believe that eccentrics are the best hope for humanity and arrogance is the only way of dealing with fools, I believe that when the time comes calling one should stand up and fight and fall and stand up and fight again till there is nothing left, I believe that one should not be scared of death and calamity and adversity as they seek the one who is afraid, I believe that 'prudence' is a refuge of sycophants who are afraid of the consequences of honesty, and yes I dream that one day I will take off on a space ship to some far off galaxy and will never turn back...

Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
Rumi, Coleman Barks (Translator), With A. J. Arberry, With Nevit Ergin
My Feudal Lord - Tehmina Durrani with William and Marilyn Hoffer I read it a long time ago and only now I am reminded of it, as the book popped up for some reason on my goodreads page. It is only a list of complaints of one person against another, not worthy of a serious consideration in a literary sense.
I do not grudge Tehmina for having her revenge on her feudal lord, but one does not blame others for life's mishaps. Things happen old girl, I hope you are happy with your industrial lord now!
But really! Is this it? This is what you have been struggling for? Why can't you stay away from Punjab Chief Ministers? And this one is a special case. He has a head transplanted with a guerilla's pubic hair and his brain replaced with an octopus' kidneys. That was a bonus! (Never mind, just kidding)!