saquibmehmood5

Saquib Mehmood's Blog

I am the least likely person to write a few words about myself, not because I am overly secretive about my great life, but because I am simply lazy. It's an effort to think up good things to write about oneself so I will instead stick with the truth. I believe in evolution not creation, I believe in reason not in the mindless ramblings of some unknown god, I think love trumps reason, I believe that humanity has come far beyond all that was good and beautiful in this world and what is left behind is the foul stench of accumulated sweat formed by a thousand millennia of wasted effort, I believe 'hope' and 'goodness' are words used by aliens probably while having forbidden sex on their far off planets, I think "love" is a dark ritual performed by some lost tribe in Amazon and people will do everything in their power to prevent it from infiltrating into the heart of their rotten civilization, I think people will kill you for thinking differently, I believe that eccentrics are the best hope for humanity and arrogance is the only way of dealing with fools, I believe that when the time comes calling one should stand up and fight and fall and stand up and fight again till there is nothing left, I believe that one should not be scared of death and calamity and adversity as they seek the one who is afraid, I believe that 'prudence' is a refuge of sycophants who are afraid of the consequences of honesty, and yes I dream that one day I will take off on a space ship to some far off galaxy and will never turn back...

Rumi: Bridge to the Soul: Journeys into the Music and Silence of the Heart
Rumi, Coleman Barks (Translator), With A. J. Arberry, With Nevit Ergin
Songs of Blood and Sword: A Daughter's Memoir - Fatima Bhutto Fatima Bhutto is a very pretty and classy girl, a fact that often draws adverse comments from jealous and insecure- mostly female - reviewers who find it difficult to accept this reality. For them I have just one advice: Back off! you can never hope to be in the same league.

I fully sympathise with her predicaments. Imagine a pretty rich little poor girl left to face the savage world with all her beauty and wealth! What can be more heart wrenching?

I like the fact that she has shared a lot of personal information in the book. I really appreciate it that she is a Virgo. I would have liked it more if she had also mentioned the exact time of her birth. The world has become a more tolerable place since then. :)

In the end, I have a chilling confession to make: I have not read this book. Yes, this is true. But I am rating it five stars based purely on my aesthetic biases. Call it "Blind Reader's Syndrome", if you like.

PS: I hope no one takes this seriously. :)